As part of ARMA’s continuing commitment to providing professional development opportunities to our members, we are seeking new committee members for the two recently-formed Professional Development and Stakeholder Engagement Committees.
The Professional Development Committee will oversee all matters associated with learning and development for our members, including responsibility for our Training and Development Programme, our Qualifications suite and our Annual Conference with effect from June 2019.
The Stakeholder Engagement Committee will direct how ARMA partners with its various stakeholders, both internal (ensuring that we provide our members with the best possible range of services and opportunities to engage) and external (all our partnerships, collaborations and relationships with sponsors, funders, Government etc).
We’re looking for particular skills and experience in the following areas:
Professional Development Committee:
- Demonstrable commitment to ongoing professional development, for themselves and others.
- Experience of delivering professional development, through qualifications support, training workshops, creation of training programmes, mentoring, etc.
- Strategic view of likely needs of RMA profession over the next 5 years.
Stakeholder Engagement Committee:
- Demonstrable expertise of engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of gathering, analysing and acting on feedback.
- Strategic knowledge of RMA policy landscape.
- Experience of working with policy makers/ politicians.
We’re seeking members who have been involved with committee business and decision making, at different levels, and who are now looking to build their experience. We will provide support to all new Committee members to develop their skills.
The dates for the first Committee meetings have been set, with the Professional Development Committee meeting on the 19 January 2018 and the Stakeholder Engagement Committee meeting on the 26 January 2018. Please see attached the draft Terms of Reference for both Committees.
If you are interested in joining one of these Committees, please send Hamish Macandrew a covering email and brief CV by 9am on Friday 5 January 2018 outlining the skills and experience you can bring to the Committee. We will then review the expressions of interest we have received, and select appropriate candidates to cover the breadth of Committee activities.
We look forward to hearing from you!